SHIKUMEN


Shikumen is a Shanghai Chinese restaurant which has just recently popped up in Cabramatta. On a rather cold and windy night we decided to brave it out and still eat out.  So local it was and local we went.  The outer exterior of Shikumen is nothing grand or flash but the open high ceilings and modern interior decorating gives you something to almost wow about. Compared to most of the restaurant interiors in Cabramatta Shikumen definitely has something going on. 




Shallot Pancakes - $4.80

There's nothing like a shallot pancakes and thankfuly Shikumen had some. There's were a perfect texture with the recognizable golden skin and chew pancake batter. Seasoned well and folded in with shallots made this savory pancakes addictive. 




Vegetarian Dumplings - $5.80

I ordered the Vegetarian dumplings as a meat alternative and thankfully they were nice and satisfyingly good. The mixture of ingredients of cabbage, vermicelli noodles, garlic and onions made one hell of a dumpling. I would definitely recommend them.



Shanghai rice cakes fried with crab - $17.90


When I first read the price I though I had mistakenly read the price wrong but yup it was definitely 17.90 which is surprisingly cheap for this dish. It's also my first time having Shanghai rice cakes with crab its usually egg noodles or crab by itself. I really enjoyed the rice cakes with the crab it just went perfect together. The only thing I could say is that this is a messy dish which requires two hands to eat.




Crispy Salted Chicken - $15.90


Another dish that was a good double thumbs up was the Crispy salted chicken which was basically tasted like salty popcorn chicken. It was crispy with soft juicy chicken in the inside, who could resist.  


Thai milk tea frappe - $5.00 

Damn this Thai milk tea frappe, even as I blogg about the frappe I crave to drink it one more time. Yes I personally think it was that amazing. I could see myself going back just for a takeaway Thai milk tea frappe.



SERVICE: 6/10
AMBIANCE :7/10
PRESENTATION: 6.5/10

Cuisine: Chinese 

Adress: Shop 10, 53 Parks Road, Cabramatta, NSW 2166

EFTPOS: Cash only

Phone:0478 239 381

Stra Pocha on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment