CLOUD 9


Before Cloud 9 there was a kebab joint on this corner. I'm not sure if I'm sad to see the kebab joint gone or be glad for something new but hopefully Cloud 9 will stick around. There can never be enough dessert bars in one suburb. We've been eyeing this place out for sometime and finally we gave it a go! So here it is some time later. 







Cloud 9's interior is definitely more on the sleek side with a bright and clean feel which is almost refreshing from the current new trend of over cluttering restaurant spaces. One of the best things in this place was the two chocolate fountains which was amazing! 









One thing that was a must try and that seemed to stand out was the ice cream sandwich. Which consists of choosing your desired cookies as the sandwich. I decided on the Caramel and White chocolate with a scoop of Caramel and Macadamia ice cream. Oh boy, did this look good! Unfortunately I found the whole ice cream sandwich very overwhelming and over the top sweet. I felt like I was definitely on Cloud 9 with the sugar rush. I'm not sure if the sugar rush was self inflicted or it was too damn sweet but none the less; been there, tasted that! Don't get me wrong, the flavors and quality of their goodies are good stuff but like I said I personally found the ice cream sandwich far too much sugar in one hit.





Be prepared to get down and messy with this sandwich. Not only was it messy but it was also sticky and very hard to eat. The ice cream melted rather quickly and the cookies were too hard. Once you bite on one side the ice cream oozes out the other side. It was very hard to eat and at the end there was more on the table then what was in my stomach.







Triple choc brownie 

Cloud 9 does offer a pretty damn good triple choc brownie. It's got that thick dens brownie consistency with a soft chewy texture. It maybe kinda on the small side but don't be fooled. I'd give this a good thumbs up.



SERVICE: 8/10
AMBIANCE :7.5/10
PRESENTATION:5/10

Cuisine: Dessert

Adress:  199 King Street, Newtown, Sydney, NSW

EFTPOS: Cash and EFTPOS

Trading Hours: 
Monday - Thursday 9am -11pm
Friday - Sunday  9am - 12 am

Website: http://www.cloud9chocolatecafe.com.au/

Phone: 02 9516 4575

Click to add a blog post for Cloud 9 Chocolate Cafe on Zomato 

Stra Pocha on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment