RHAPSODY OF THE SEA DINNER #10

Today we visiting Duck Island (Noumea, New Caledonia) which was no doubt one of the best places to snorkel and probably had the worst dead sea coral on the small land. It covered pretty much the whole island which made walking around the water difficult without any reef shoes. Out of all days I had decided last minute leave my reef shoes on the ship and boy, did I regret that decision. Noumea was incredibly clean and the french really settled in with the modern houses, cafes, supermarkets and stores in the main city. Everything was beautiful and everyone spoke french!

Seafood Ceviche 
Prawns, bay scallops, lime-marinated Lobster, red onion, corn, chopped lettuce, cucumber, dill and cilantro










The seafood Ceviche was an excellent choice due to the entree being light and refreshing. All the ingredients seemed like a match in heaven with the soft seafood meats and crunchy corn and Iceberg lettuce diced and chopped. This simple salad was served with a wedge of lime for dressing which didn't need anything more.

Roasted rack of lamb
 parsnip mash, white bean ragout and a thyme reduction
The lamb was just incredible! I ordered then medium rare which once again came out perfectly. The Thyme reduction really flavored the lamb well giving it that lift. I can't say I've had parsnip mash before and yes I did enjoy it. I almost forgot it was parsnip instead of potatoes, It has the same texture, consistency and mixtures with butter and milk. I honestly could hardly tell the difference. Only thing I wasn't a fan of which I still ate, were the white beans I felt that they were bland and didn't add much to the dish. 















Warm chocolate
 Cake warm, soft-centered chocolate cake and a scoop of vanilla ice cream
I think I read and imaged this dessert differently. I pictured a small lava cake which it arrived resembling like a lava cake. As I slowly dug my spoon into the centre of the cake I expected lava chocolate oozing out. Although I was disappointed the warm chocolate cake was surprisingly really moist with the right amount of sweet combination of chocolate and sugar. The ice cream was ridiculously good with the chocolate cake as the ice cream slowly melted on top of the warm cake.






SERVICE: 10/10
AMBIANCE :7.5/10
PRESENTATION: 7.5/10
NOTE: SERVICE: 10/10 In all my previous post and food experiences I have not experienced exceptional service for me to rate a perfect ten in any service however that has changed thanks to our amazing table wait staff Hita and Richie from our cruise. For the whole twelve days they were consistent, attentive, polite and always delivered high service throughout the whole time.  
Cuisine: Modern America
Address: Rhapsody of the Sea Cruise 
EFTPOS: Prepaid with travel package
Stra Pocha on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment