RHAPSODY OF THE SEA DINNER #11



Don't be alarmed, I didn't eat all three main dishes myself. We couldn't decide which dishes to order so we ordered all three mains. Thankfully when all three dishes arrived they smaller then expected which allowed us to eat all three. Everything on the menu tonight seemed so tempting so why not right?
 Royal Seafood salad 
 crab, prawn and lobster sensation with jimcama slaw and a citrus drizzle
I thought by now I'd be sick to death with seafood but like a true seafood lover I still couldn't get enough. Another excellent entrée that left me wanting more. The crab meat and prawns were shredded underneath the lobster to make a cream slaw, and it was one the best slaws I've had. The natural saltiness from the crab meat and prawns gave an excellent balance to the mayo added.   


King Crab salad 
Mixed lettuce, vine-ripened tomatoes and snow crab meat and legs with Thousands Island dressing







The King crab with a serving of greens was one of the mains we ordered. The crab was juicy and soft and due to the amount of King crab on the plate the salad was sadly almost untouched. A simple wedge of lemon was enough to give justice to the King crab.













Three Cheese Tortelloni 
Sautéed mushrooms and mascarpone cream sauce
Cheese and pasta? Yes please. The Three cheese Tortelloni was excellent. I've mentioned before I tend to be very picky with my pasta however tonight the Tortelloni where delightful perfect Al dente and the mascarpone cream sauce wasn't sickening at all. It created a silky sauce coating on the pasta and added to the cheese stuffing inside the Tortellonis.













Soy Meatballs 
Mexican inspired lentil chili and traditional chips
Who knew soy meatballs could taste and mimic the texture of meat so well. I was blown away by the flavors in the Mexican inspired dish. It had a good balance of Mexican seasoning with a hint of heat and the traditional corn chips which danced in colors we're a first for me. well not the corn chips but the colors of course, I have never seen traditional corn chips before.  
















Angel food cake
 bananas, caramel cream, sweet apricots with vanilla ice cream
Thankfully by this point I couldn't have cared less if I had dessert or not but in hence sight I should have quite while I was ahead. The Angel food cake was a massive disappointment! How they describe the dessert and what I keep picturing in my head for the past few nights have been somewhat very different to what actually gets served in front of me. Since the description didn't state how the fruits would be cooked or treated I assumed that they would come sliced or diced either on top, combined inside the cake or maybe served on the side not as a banana cream spread or apricot jam! Honestly the combination of the banana cream, caramel cream and apricot jam was just plain nasty! Was like a sandwich not a cake.
SERVICE: 10/10
AMBIANCE :7.5/10
PRESENTATION: 7.5/10
NOTE: SERVICE: 10/10 In all my previous post and food experiences I have not experienced exceptional service for me to rate a perfect ten in any service however that has changed thanks to our amazing table wait staff Hita and Richie from our cruise. For the whole twelve days they were consistent, attentive, polite and always delivered high service throughout the whole time.  
Cuisine: Modern America
Address: Rhapsody of the Sea Cruise 
EFTPOS: Prepaid with travel package
Stra Pocha on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment