RHAPSODY OF THE SEA DINNER #4







Taste of Alaska
 smoked salmon, king crab leg, prawns served with mustard, honey and horse radish dip 
This entrée was definitely a good choice. The three selections of seafood of smoked salmon, king crab legs and prawns on a bed of garden greens was delightfully fresh and light. The seafood teamed with the dipping sauce was amazing. The sauce was slightly sweet with a tang from the horse radish which complemented the natural saltiness of seafood. The Crab legs were the highlight of this dish. It was mouth watering with its soft crab meat that pretty much slid itself willingly out of the shell. 














Shichimi Chicken Schnitzel 
Japanese seven-spice marinade, wasabi mash, garlic broccoli, soy - braised corn on the cob, 
mirin-infused mayonnaise 
Chicken Schnitzel's are usually not my first nor my second choice for any meals but my curiosity got the best of me tonight. So I caved in and ordered the "shichimi" chicken schnitzel dish for my main dish. At first sight the dish looked very plain and average. A small voice inside my head was yelling at me, " I told you so!" But I proceeded and gave the dish a benefit of a doubt. The chicken was coated and marinated in spices and dressed with chopped seaweed. However I don't think the spices were strong enough due to the schnitzel tasting plain and bland the only thing that was positive was the tenderness of the meat. I was counting for the wasabi mash for the bang but unfortunately it was just plain mash! I could not even slightly taste the wasabi through the mash to make matters worse the garlic broccoli and the corn on the cob tasted very over cooked and once again tasteless. This plate definitely delivered a plate of disappointment. 












Warm Apple-Rhubarb crumble 
baked apples and rhubarb, oatmeal strudel top crumble topped with vanilla Ice Cream










After a sad and very disappointing main I couldn't wait for the dessert menu, dessert has never fail nor has it yet completely disappointed me. We've always had a very good understanding relationship. OK so for tonight I decided to order the dessert special which was the Warm Apple-Rhubarb crumble. The crumble had a beautiful texture and slight crunch which went perfectly with the softened apples and rhubarbs. A beautiful flavour ran through the crumble which tasted of cinnamon and nutmeg. The rumble was delightful with the a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

 












SERVICE: 10/10
AMBIANCE :7.5/10
PRESENTATION: 7.5/10
NOTE: SERVICE: 10/10 In all my previous post and food experiences I have not experienced exceptional service for me to rate a perfect ten in any service however that has changed thanks to our amazing table wait staff Hita and Richie from our cruise. For the whole twelve days they were consistent, attentive, polite and always delivered high service throughout the whole time.  
Cuisine: Modern America
Address: Rhapsody of the Sea Cruise 
EFTPOS: Prepaid with travel package


Stra Pocha on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment