RHAPSODY OF THE SEA DINNER #5

I'm not sure if I'm too tired for dinner tonight but it would be beyond rude to miss out in dinner plus our great dinner companions who we exchange stories with as well as our daily mischief on the ship and island activities. Today we docked at Suva which is the capital city of Fiji. Once we were on land we decided to wing it and do things on our own rather then taking a tour guide. My tour guide today was my own partner who knew the city well enough to show me around. Unfortunately we docked on a Sunday which meant that almost 99% of the shops were close but those that were open were the tourist souvenir shops. Our main aim for shopping was to buy a fridge magnet of each island we visited however it was extremely hard to find a fridge magnet that had "Suva Fiji" printed on it. There were vast selection of magnets but none of what we were after.










 Smoked salmon carpaccio 
red onion, capers, rocket and lemon juice
For my first entrée I decided to go with the smoked salmon carpaccio thinking it would be something light which it was. The salmon was smoked nicely with a good balance of saltiness, it was also laid out with fresh rocket, thinly sliced red onions and capers. Every ingredient on the plate complimented each flavors that went perfectly together.
Asian Duck 
Orange hoisin sauce, stir-fried Chinese cabbage and steamed rice
First thing that was very much noticed by the whole table was the size of the duck on the plate. They seem to always be very generous with the amount of Duck to serve. Just like my first night at the Edelwisse Restaurant I was served half a duck I guess tonight is no exception. Although I am very appreciative of the portion size I kinda visualized the dish to be prepared differently. I visualized a cabbage stir fry with chopped duck in orange hoisin sauce with a serving of rice but none the less the dish was good. Nothing major taste bud crushing but it was definitely good enough to be satisfied. The duck was excellently cooked with the meat being tenderly soft and the orange hoisin sauce coming through enhancing the ducks natural flavor. The stir-fried cabbage was delicious with a slight hint of crunch and went very well with the duck and steamed rice. 
Warm Banana strudel 
crispy filo pastry, chocolate and bananas served with ice cream and chocolate sauce
The strudel was definitely my favorite for tonight. Everything about it was exquisite. I absolutely loved the crunchiness of the filo pastry and the oozing chocolate and the soft sweet bananas inside the strudel. Each bite along with the serving of the vanilla ice cream was so addictive which I couldn't get enough off. 
SERVICE: 10/10
AMBIANCE :7.5/10
PRESENTATION: 7.5/10
NOTE: SERVICE: 10/10 In all my previous post and food experiences I have not experienced exceptional service for me to rate a perfect ten in any service however that has changed thanks to our amazing table wait staff Hita and Richie from our cruise. For the whole twelve days they were consistent, attentive, polite and always delivered high service throughout the whole time.  
Cuisine: Modern America
Address: Rhapsody of the Sea Cruise 
EFTPOS: Prepaid with travel package
Stra Pocha on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment