RHAPSODY OF THE SEA DINNER #8

It's been eight nights into our cruise and it's been amazing doing absolutely nothing! Today we were at seat sailing towards our next destination Vila, Vanuatu which meant a lazy day at sea. It pretty much consisted of us sleeping in late followed by breakfast, lunch, afternoon nap and dinner!
 Gourmet Meatballs 
spicy sausage, portobello mushrooms, provolone cheese, fried onions and sautéed spinach
When I sat down tonight I thought to myself I'd have something light and fresh for my entrée but I could resist the meatballs which were in fact quite good. I love meatballs and the fact that they were stuffed with mushrooms made it more amazing. The sautéed spinach partnered excellently with the meatballs. 











Pan-seared Catch of the day and tiger prawns 
 cherry tomatoes, olives, leeks and potato ragout and a fennel butter sauce








I've always found fish to be a good safe option when I'm not sure on what to have and unfortunately this time around was I probably should have taken my time reassessing the menu. My fish was very dry to the point it almost felt like chewing on paper and sadly the fennel butter sauce didn't help and didn't really taste like anything. The vegetable though were good but again slightly under seasoned. All I can say is that looks can be deceiving.













Chocolate Sensation 
espresso sponge, chocolate truffle mousse, almond icing and chocolate glazing
The Chocolate sensation cake was the first dessert I wanted to order but something better seemed to always tempt me more but tonight I finally decided to give it a go. The cake is very deserving of its name due to it delivering in many levels. I love the darkness of the chocolate and the fullness and depth that the espresso sponge adds. 

SERVICE: 10/10
AMBIANCE :7.5/10
PRESENTATION: 7.5/10
NOTE: SERVICE: 10/10 In all my previous post and food experiences I have not experienced exceptional service for me to rate a perfect ten in any service however that has changed thanks to our amazing table wait staff Hita and Richie from our cruise. For the whole twelve days they were consistent, attentive, polite and always delivered high service throughout the whole time.  
Cuisine: Modern America
Address: Rhapsody of the Sea Cruise 
EFTPOS: Prepaid with travel package
Stra Pocha on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment